|ACADEMY OF SOUND ENGINEERING
SOND ENGINEERING ACADEMY IN AUKLAND PARK
* By far the most experienced and respected sound engineering educators in the country.
* The only institution in Africa accredited to provide training in Pro Tools.
* Qualification genuinely recognised in Europe and the USA.
* The only sound engineering school permitted to operate at the SABC.
* The finest training studios in the country on campus.
* Without doubt, the finest and most up-to-date equipment (hardware and software) of any South African audio college.
* The most practical training of its type in the country.
* Limited class sizes.
* Genuine links to the international entertainment industry (live tours and studio).
* Excellence in curriculum and course materials (such that other audio colleges have approached ASE to accredit their courses and provide them with ASE course materials).
* Lecturers are all practising industry specialists, and include South Africa�s only certified Pro Tools instructors.
* ASE Certificate in Sound Engineering (One Year)
This one-year full-time programme is designed for the student that requires the option of entering the industry after a shorter study period, with a solid foundation in sound engineering. Students successfully completing this programme may apply for credits towards admission into the second year of the Diploma in Sound Engineering. During the course, students will complete real studio recordings.
* ASE Diploma in Sound Engineering (Two Year)
This highly practical and intensive course is designed to produce high-calibre sound engineers in both the live and studio environments. Students learn a wide range of skills and techniques including analogue studio recording, digital studio recording (to advanced level), International certification conferred on graduates of this course includes: Pro Tools 101, Pro Tools 110, Pro Tools 201, Pro Tools 210M or Pro Tools 210P
* ASE Part-time Certificate (12 Weeks Basic)
This course is aimed at those who are already working in the audio industry and who wish to improve their skills, or change to other specialities or software, for example, Pro Tools. The course includes analogue and digital studio recording. During the course, students will complete digital recording projects, as well as Pro Tools exercises. Students successfully completing this programme may apply for credits towards admission into the full-time certificate or diploma programmes.
* ASE Part-time Certificate (17 Weeks Advanced)
This course is aimed at those who have already completed the basic part-time course and who wish to further improve their skills and knowledge. During this course, students will be covering more advanced material. Students successfully completing this programme may apply for credits towards admission into the full-time certificate or diploma programmes.
* Pro Tools Courses (12 Weeks per Module)
Pro Tools is the digital recording system used for audio and post production by top professional studios across the globe for recording and editing. It is universally recognized as the finest professional work station software of its type
Pro Tools 101
Pro Tools 110
Pro Tools 201
Pro Tools 210M
Pro Tools 210P
Pro Tools 310M
Pro Tools 310P
Introduction to Pro Tools
Essentials of Pro Tools
Pro Tools production
Music production techniques
Post production techniques
Advanced music production techniques
Advanced post production techniques
PO Box 1590
82 Richmond Drive
Opposite SABC Radio Park
Studios V1, RT1 - RT4
SABC Radio Park
Tel: +27(0)11 482-9200
Fax: +27(0)11 482-3676