COLLEGE IN FINPARK
The History of Lyceum College in South Africa
Lyceum Advancement College was was founded in 1917 and has a long history of providing higher education distance learning in South Africa. We were re-named Lyceum College (Pty) Ltd in 2003 in order to meet regulatory requirements.
Since our inception, we have facilitated the learning interventions for over 800 000 students. Lyceum College focuses on areas such as Traffic and Policing, Fleet, Education and Management. We have branches country-wide and our head office is in Johannesburg.
Lyceum College has always combined traditional higher education values, with an innovative approach encompassing flexibility of delivery.
Welcome to Lyceum College
* Lyceum is the South African market leader in higher education via distance learning in its chosen focus areas of Metropolitan & Traffic Policing / General Management / Fleet Management / Teaching.
* Lyceum is a modern South African college with a solid track record spanning more than 80 years. The college underwent a comprehensive rebranding and restrategising exercise in late 2006 to ensure that it remains relevant and continues to meet the cultural and academic needs of today?s student. At the same time, its principles of integrity and excellence have remained firmly in place.
* Lyceum offers all the benefits of distance learning: i.e. students can continue to 'earn while they learn', they can study where and when it suits them and the fees are more affordable than face-to-face institutions. Some of the learning programmes on offer by Lyceum college include face-to-face interaction sessions in a classroom.
* Lyceum is an education provider which has a deep understanding of the sectors of the market on which is focusses: Its school heads are chosen for their substantial academic experience and leadership roles within their fields. Their expertise is reflected in the learning programmes course content and, ultimately, filtered efficiently through to students.
* Lyceum's academic mission is to offer learning programmes which are innovative, relevant, flexible and adaptable.
* Lyceum is an accredited institute which is part of the Educor Group, the Nasper education arm and largest provider of private education in Africa.
How YOU Can Benefit From The Advantages Of Distance Learning
* You can study at your own home and save on travelling costs.
* You can study in your own time and at your own pace.
* You receive learning programmes designed by subject experts that are also active professional practitioners.
* You receive practical, in-depth learning programmes.
* You can choose a payment option to suit you from our very affordable rates.
Of course we know that distance learning could be quite challenging. You will need to be responsible and apply self-discipline, but you will gain so much from the experience. Remember, study skills are a life skill, which will help you to succeed in all areas of life!
Our Vision, Mission and Values
The Lyceum team is committed to provide quality learning opportunities by means of a practical approach at affordable prices.
We provide quality student service by being entrepreneurial, innovative, efficient, with a high level of integrity, strong team work, and professionalism at all times.
P O Box X32074
222 Schoeman Street
Van Erkom Building
Tel: +27(0)86 010-0705
Fax: +27(0)11 712-2300
Cell: +27(0)83 918-2500