|RADLEY COLLEGE PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOL
COLLEGE IN FERNDALE
# Our Motto is INVICTA which translates as Unconquerable which is the spirit Radley College seeks to instill in every learner.
# Radley College was established in 1997.
# Since February 2001, Radley College has been owned and managed by educators who are members of staff at the College and are totally committed to and focused on excellence in education.
* As members of staff now own and manage the college, very high levels of performance and results have been and are seen.
* Our secure learning environment is more relaxed and is less pressurized than seen in most high schools. However, we are structured and concentrate on core disciplines.
* School hours are from 07h45 to 13h45 with the lessons of 45 minutes each and attendance is compulsory to all classes.
* Grade 8 and 9 learners have supervised homework classes daily on Monday's through Thursday's from 14h15.
* Extra lessons are compulsory at no extra cost for the Grade 12's.
* There is a maximum of 15 learners in the grade 8 and 9 classes with a maximum of 22 in the grades 10 to 12 classes still ensuring individual attention.
* This builds confidence and achievement levels in both learners and educators alike.
* Educators are able to closely monitor student’s progress and difficulties are spotted early. Appropriate steps are immediately taken to improve levels of achievement.
PARENTS ARE PARTNERS IN EDUCATION
* Parents are provided with a minimum of 2 reports each term resulting in at least 8 marks per subject at the end of the year.
* This constant tracking of achievement levels keeps parents up to date with their child’s progress.
* Attendance is checked every day and if a child is absent the parents are called to establish the reason.
* Each year, Radley staff and students elect a Head Prefect and 5 prefects.
* We are a Co-Ed Private High School which also admits immigrant learners of which presently we have learners from South Korea, Malawi, Zambia, Gabon, Kenya, Russia, Hungary to name a few.
* Attire is simple and comfortable for students and affordable for parents!
* Branded golf shirts, sweaters and winter jackets may be worn with black or navy long pants or long shorts or denim jeans. Girls may wear skirts in these colors.
* All items are available from Radley College.
# Students are encouraged to be individuals!
# There are no rules about hair styles, colors or length, makeup or jewelry; however we expect our learners to be neat and presentable at all times.
75 Hill Street
(Entrance in Long Avenue)
Tel: +27(0)11 787-0296/7
Fax: +27(0)11 787-0290
Arthur Chitanda: +27(0)82 718-8512