|Roodepoort Country Club
Entertainment in Roodepoort
Welcome to Roodepoort Country Club
Nestling in the tranquil countryside of Ruimsig, west of Johannesburg, lies one of South Africa's most challenging championship golf courses, Roodepoort Country Club. It is well known and recognised that condition-wise the course is consistently among the top 10 in South Africa. The rolling bent grass greens are spectacular and similar to those that the world's top professionals encounter on the United States Tour. There are 72 bunkers to contend with and seven water hazards offering all handicap golfers a challenge yet the good golf shot will always be rewarded.
Roodepoort Country Club is committed to providing a world class country club facility and amenities supported by professional and quality service in a safe and harmonious environment
Roodepoort Country Club was designed by Gary Player and Ron Kirby and is renowned for it's large, undulating Bent grass greens with subtle slopes. It is a well bunkered, inland links course with well defined fairways - a great test of golfing ability for both high and low handicap golfers.
Roodepoort Country Club boasts some of the best facilities in the country. We offer the golfer and non golfer great options.
Our facilities include:
* Championship 18 hole "Inland Links" golf course
* Two top grade bowling greens
* Three floodlit tennis courts
* Two fully equipped conference rooms
* Top class Halfway House
* Top class wedding and party facilities for 30-350 people
* Restaurant carvery every Friday evening
* Theme evenings
* Two full size snooker tables and two pool tables
* Two large, well stocked bars with televisions and a "Big Screen" for all sports enthusiasts
* Satellite television
* Pro Shop with all equipment and professional advice
* Specialists in Corporate Golf Days and sports days
* Secure and ample parking
* Open Tuesday - Sundays
At Roodepoort Country Club we are very proud of our club house facilities. Our spectacular club house with a huge colonial verandah offers the golfer and visitor the opportunity to sip an ice cold refreshing drink whilst watching the golfers come in.
Our club house facilities include two large well stocked bars with television and "big screen" for all sports enthusiasts, a restaurant carvery, two fully equiped conference rooms and top class
wedding and party facilities for 30-350 people.
GOLF DRESS REGULATIONS
• Must be smart casual.
• No track-suits.
• No running shorts.
• No shorts with elastic waist.
• No shorts with lace tie ups.
• Must wear a belt if shorts have belt loops.
• Short socks (predominantly white - no peds) or long socks with bermudas.
• Golf footwear with socks only.
• No takkies allowed. SOFT SPIKES ONLY.
• Long socks with midthigh shorts
• No long sport socks i.e. rugby, soccer, hockey
• Short socks (predominantly white - no peds) with Bermuda shorts.
• Must have collar and sleeves.
• No T-shirtS
• Must have collar.
No over-size tops.
• Must be four fingers above knee.
• No ski-pants.
CLUB HOUSE DRESS REGULATIONS
• Must be smart casual
- No shorts
- No tracksuits
- No T-shirts
• Must be smart casual
• Whether or not accompanied by a parent, must adhere to above rules at all times
In order to avoid embarrassment, members and guests are required to conform to the above. Management reserves the right of discretion regarding ones dress.
Club is open Tues-Sunday & Public Holidays
(Excluding Christmas & New Years Day)
NB: Course is closed on Mondays
Roodepoort Country Club
Hole In One Avenue
Tel: (+2711) 958-1905
Fax: (+2711) 958-1202
Golf House (Professional Shop)
Tel: (+2711) 958-1204
Fax: (+2711) 958-0402