|SUIKERBOSRAND PROTEA HOTEL
Surrounded by the 13 000 hectare Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve, this Highveld getaway, voted by consumers as one of the top Twenty caravan parks in the country, is situated about 40km south of Johannesburg.
This shaded caravan and camping park and 240 (mostly) grassed stands all equipped with power points, four neat and spacious ablution facilities (including laundries), as well as 6 smaller ablution units. Picnic shelters and a lapa are available for day conferences as well. Catering can be done for groups - large and small.
240 Caravan sites at the Protea Hotel Suikerbosrand have water and electricity. Twelve ablution blocks have facilities for washing dishes, etc and baths/showers have hot and cold water. Maximum 6 persons and 2 cars per site.
The 300 camping sites at the resort share the caravan ablution blocks, but no water or electricity. Maximum 2 tents and 6 persons per site.
The first of the new chalets are open, as is the 120-seater Auditorium, which has all the modern electronic and audio-visual equipment available. New chalets in the Kiepersol Village, together with a private restaurant and meeting facilities, are now open.
FACILITIES AT THE RESORT INCLUDE
1. a take-away / shop
2. coffeeshop, with a la carte breakfast and lunch available
3. one adults and one childrens' swimming pool
4. 2 waterslides with pools
5. games room with pool table
6. horse and pony rides (booking essential)
7. walks through the reserve
8. game drives
9. open parking
Golfing is available nearby, at Meyerton Golf Club (15km) and Heidelberg Golf Club (30km)
CONFERENCE AND BANQUETING FACILITIES
1. The new 120-seater Auditorium is now open, with all the modern electronic and audio-visual equipment available. (Can also be used as a group restaurant, but must be reserved in advance.)
2. The air-conditioned Conference Hall seats 60 delegates in schoolroom style or 100 cinema-style
3. The Stone Lapa has canvas sides and seats 250 delegates in schoolroom style or 400 cinema-style
4. The Bush Lapa caters for parties and gatherings for up to 300 people
DAY VISITOR INFORMATION
1. Maximum of 1 500 day visitors allowed
2. Gates open at 07h00 (06h00 on Public Holidays) and close at 18h00
3. No reservations need to be made for day visitors
OVERNIGHT GUEST INFORMATION
1. Check-in and check-out time - 11h00
2. Extra beds are available for school groups at an extra charge per person
Protea Hotel Suikerbosrand
15km from Meyerton and 54km from Johannesburg International Airport, Protea Hotel Suikerbosrand is close to the Heidelberg Military Camp and Museum.
R55 to Daleside, off the Heidelberg/Meyerton road in Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve
Meyerton, Gauteng, South Africa
Three GUEST houses are available, with airconditioning and TV, comprising 2 or 3-bedrooms, a full kitchen, lounge and dining room, as well as braai area and private garden
Tel: +27(0)16 365-5334