|THE WANDERERS CLUB
ACCOMMODATION IN ILLOVO
The Wanderers Club was established in down town Johannesburg in 1888. It was located were the current railway station is and was moved to its current site in 1946.
The club is famous for its cricket stadium which has held many exciting test matches over the years. In 1988 the stadium was, unfortunately, sold to the Johannesburg municipality who leased the stadium to the Gauteng Cricket Board.
Whilst Ellis Park was being rebuilt during the 1970's rugby test matches were also held at the cricket stadium.
PO Box 55019
21 North Road
Tel: +27(0)11 788-5010
Fax: +27(0)11 880-3697