Notice: Undefined index: edit_site_id in /home/gautengi/public_html/content.php on line 158
SA COLLEGE OF HERBAL AND HEALTH
HERBAL AND HEALTH COLLEGE IN JOHANNESBURG
You are welcome to the South African College of Herbal Medicine and Health.
The renewed and growing interest in natural therapies is in many ways, a rediscovery of ancient healing knowledge which is as old as humanity itself
The healing power of herbs has been the foundation of many ancient healing traditions, and continues on into our own time as a potent source of healing and of maintaining optimum health. Animals know instinctively what many are only now rediscovering, that the herbs of the earth contain within themselves a vast storehouse of life energy and healing potential given to us freely as a gift from nature itself. It is for us to learn about these treasures, and use them wisely.
Powerful, both ancient and modern as well, is the knowledge of the healing power of aromatic essential oils, extracted from certain flowers, grasses, fruits, roots and trees. The power of essential oils to affect emotions as well as physical states of ill-health has established them as a most important tool in the healing arts.
So too, the ancients knew well what many in our time are only now rediscovering; that nutrition, the energetics of the foods we eat, directly affect the well-being and development of every cell and every aspect of our body and our mind. We are indeed what and how we eat. The healing power contained in this knowledge is immense.
Therefore, The South African College of Herbal Medicine and Health is most pleased to offer introductory courses in these central areas of natural healing. The Herbalism and Nutrition Certificate course, the Aromatherapy Certificate course, and the Medicinal Herb Growing Certificate are all designed to increase your personal understanding of these fascinating disciplines, and prepare you for future professional study in these areas if you so choose.
We welcome you to the SACHM family and to the fascinating world of natural healing. We wish you the best in your journey of discovery.
We hope that your studies with SACHM will deepen your interest in the exciting and expanding world of natural healing and encourage you to pursue further studies which could lead to professional practice in your discipline of choice.
HERBALISM AND NUTRITION CERTIFICATE
OUR COURSE PRESENTS:
* The essential principals of herbs.
* Herbal preparations, therapeutics, formulary, anatomy and physiology, ailments and remedies
* Nutrition, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other super nutrients.
* There are 5 Study Guides comprising 15 modules.
* Each module has an Assignment. (Multiple Choice / Short Questions / Paragraphs)
* The Assignments are compulsory in order to write your Final Examination (open book).
OUR COURSE PRESENTS:
* Contra –indications
* There are 4 Modules in this course.
* Each Module has an Assignment
* The Assignments are compulsory in order to write your final Examination.
MEDICINAL HERB GROWING CERTIFICATE
OUR COURSE PRESENTS:
* Harvesting (Methods and Procedures)
* There are 5 modules in this course
* each module has an assignment
* the assignments are compulsory in order to write your final Examination
* The College is a Private College and students are subject to the rules of the College.
* Assignments are to be posted (not faxed) in groups of 3 or more at a time.
* Please note: The student is responsible for keeping a copy of each assignment, as the College is not responsible for any lost post.
* The College will mark and return assignment within 14 days of receiving the aforesaid assignments.
* The College shall pay for all assignments to be posted to the student.
* All study material required for each course shall be supplied to the student by the College. Any extra material can be purchased from the College's Bookshop but is only for one's own further reading and research.
* Students may only enrol if they:
1. are fifteen years or older,
2. can speak, read and write English as these courses are in English.
* Students outside South Africa are subject to an extra R 200 for postage for the first course and R 100 extra per course thereafter.
* Certificates shall not be issued unless:
1. the course is fully paid for,
2. the student has passed the final exam,
3. the student must pay R 65 for the certificate to be issued. This amount must be posted with the final exam.
* Payments for any course are non-refundable.
P.O. Box 131196
Tel: +27(0)11 463-2363
Fax: +27(0)11 463-7923
Notice: Undefined index: edit_site_id in /home/gautengi/public_html/content.php on line 163
Notice: Undefined variable: lookforinfo in /home/gautengi/public_html/content.php on line 217